Present Position : Professor, Light and Matter Physics Group,
Raman Research Institute, Bangalore 560080, India
Email : email@example.com
Field of specialization : Nonlinear optics
Current research interests : Laser produced plasmas,
Ultrafast phenomena, Nonlinear optics of nanostructured systems
- Journal articles – more than 180
- Patents – 2 (One US, one Indian)
- Book chapters – 3
- PhD students: completed – 5, current – 4
- Post-docs mentored – 4
- Visiting project students mentored – more than 60
- Organizing committee member of several national and international conferences
- Reviewer to several international journals from publishers like the American Institute of Physics, American Chemical Society, Optical Society of America, Royal Society of Chemistry, Springer and Elsevier.
- MSc. (Physics) and Ph.D. (physics) from the Dept. of Physics, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin, India.
- Post-doctoral training from (1) Tata institute of fundamental research, Mumbai, and (2) University of Regensburg, Germany.
OFFICES HELD IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, Academic Committee, International and Inter-University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (IUCNN), M.G. University, Kottayam
- Member, Academic Committee, Inter University Centre for Nano Materials and Devices (IUCNMD), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin
- Member, Academic Council, St. Joseph’s College (autonomous), Bangalore
- Visiting Scientist: (i) University of Regensburg, Germany (2000), (ii) University of Massachusetts at Boston, Boston, USA (2002, 2006-2007)
- Visiting Adjunct Faculty, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA (2011 – 2012)
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Optoelectronics, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram (under the UGC ENCORE Scheme), 2014-2015.
- Life member of (i) Indian Laser Association, (ii) Plasma Science Society of India, (iii) Photonics Society of India, and (iv) Indian Physics Association.